The Art & Cooking pre-professional Internship Program is an all-encompassing course which was created for those who want to make their mark in the world of Culinary Arts. Participants will have “real world” experience at the school and in restaurants. This is an invaluable asset for success in this so competitive career. The pre-professional internship offers students hands-on experience in a professional environment and gives them the necessary tools to feel sure of themselves when immersed in a real cooking environment at a professional level at Italian restaurants.
This program is designed for those who wish to be actively immersed in the world of Italian cooking at a professional level. You will be living in the world of real Italian cuisine and its environment. You will learn to speak and understand the language, have the opportunity to network with peers as well as obtain personal enhancement in the field. Depending on the your interests, there’s a wide range of internship arrangements, from restaurants in 5 star hotels to local restaurants to trattoria.
In the pre-professional Internship, you will learn Italian language and culture and receive 26 professional hands-on cooking lessons, 8 of which are private (one to one). You will then be ready for action in an internship in a five-star hotel or a local restaurant or trattoria, depending on your personal interests and passions in your field.
Dante Alighieri Siena is accredited by the Tuscan Region as a Formative Agency (Regional Decree n. 373 re-issued on 06/02/2009) for pre-professional internship programs in Siena and all of Tuscany .
– Learning Italian language and culture: You will be learning to speak Italian and Italian culture in group lessons aimed to make you feel comfortable and secure with the language in a professional cooking environment. The school will evaluate your level of knowledge through an on-line test that you send along with your enrollment application. You will be informed of the results of your test before your departure and at your arrival you will have an oral exam which will guide us as to the number of required Italian lessons you need.
– Professional hands-on cooking courses: You will take professional hands-on cooking courses towards an internship in a restaurant, hotel or trattoria. The cooking courses are given along with or after the language lessons – depending on your proficiency in Italian. The course consists of 26 cooking sessions out of which 8 are private. These lessons will prepare you to be fully immersed in a real professional cooking environment by learning hands-on how to prepare numerous and authentic soups, meat and pasta dishes, sauces, vegetables and desserts. You and your classmates will feast on all the meals prepared. After taking this intense cooking course, you will be ready to begin your culinary internship adventure at a professional level.
– Culinary Internship: lasts from 4 to 24 weeks – you decide the number of weeks you want to study. During the internship you will be training at the restaurant of your choice in Siena or the surrounding area where you will learn all the tricks of the trade. If you wish, we can place you in 5* restaurants in Venice, Emilia Romagna, Sicily, Milan, Cinque Terre, etc.. Students participating in internships do not receive monetary compensation but room and board are provided by the restaurant.
|Code||Start level of Italian language||hours of Italian language||session of Italian cuisine||internship weeks||fees in Euro|
|CT1||absolute beginner – B1||300||20||24-44||5.000,00|
* Language course + culinary sessions
* Internship placement fee
* Insurance and coverage for damage to third parties
* Food and board is provided for part of the program
Fees do not include:
* Administration fees
* Accommodation fees
* Accommodation for part of the program