This program is recommended for adults of all ages. Be a student again and explore a new way to “live” Siena and its cultural heritage by taking a one or two week course at Art & Cooking and Dante Alighieri Siena. The goal of the course is to broaden your knowledge and appreciation of Siena and its beauty through Italian lessons given in a classroom, hands-on cooking classes and visits to museums and places of interest.
This course consists of:
- 20 hours of Italian lessons per week in groups of 12 students maximum (4hrs per day)
- 2 hands-on cooking sessions (please see “Single Cooking lesson” for more info)
- 4 hours of cultural on-site lectures per week*
- 1 wine tasting at an enoteca in Siena which includes sampling several wines and tasting typical Italian food like bruschetta and salame
- Many social activities offered by Dante Alighieri Siena School
- 1 weekend excursion for those of you who attend the two-week course
* Cultural on-site lectures begin in a classroom and last between 20 and 30 minutes. After your lesson you follow your professor through the streets of Siena for an extra hour and a half of on-site instruction at a place of interest like the Contrada Museums, Palazzo Pubblico, Saint Catherine house, Santa Maria della Scala, the Duomo, or other historical sites.
|language lessons||20 hours|
|cultural lessons||4 hours*|
|week-end activity||included in 2 weeks program only|
|included in the price|
|first week price||500.00 €|
|extension||400.00 € (each extra week)|
* Cultural on-site lectures consist of approx. 20/30 minutes of lecture at the school after which approx. 1 hour and a half is on-site at the place of interest with expertise professors. On-site lectures may take place at Contrada Museums, Palazzo Pubblico, Saint Catherine house, Santa Maria della Scala, The Duomo, etc.